R&D Mechanical is a South Australian based mechanical workshop established by local motoring enthusiast Riki-lee & Davey (R&D). Having a passion for Motorsports & the automotive industry, R&D prides themselves on providing the best quality work with exceptional customer service. With many years of combined experience, R&D has an extensive amount of auto knowledge and an involved mechanical background.
R&D understands how important your car is to you and wants to get you back in the drivers seat as soon as possible. Your car will be looked after with many different services available, ranging from scheduled servicing & general repairs to custom engine conversions & aftermarket performance upgrades – no job too big or too small for the R&D Mechanical team.
Reliability & affordability; providing customers with reliable work for an affordable price.
A quick word from R&D Mechanical’s owners –
“We created R&D Mechanical to provide a service with a difference! Being motoring enthusiast ourselves we understand, to some a car just gets you from ‘A to B’ and to others their car is an extension of themselves. We are here to give our customers the best quality service we can offer.
We have been surrounded by motorsports our entire lives, to us it isn’t just a job or a hobby, it is our lifestyle. When we are not working on cars, we are enjoying their beauty on the racetrack, it is in our blood, we live for everything automotive.”
Available services & repairs
- Logbook servicing and general maintenance
- Major services, timing belts etc.
- Engine repairs and upgrades (including rebuilds)
- Brake repairs and upgrades
- Steering & suspension repairs and upgrades
- Cooling system repairs and upgrades (including head gaskets)
- Transmission/gearbox/diff repairs and upgrades
- Exhaust repairs and upgrades
- Diagnostics and dyno tuning
- Auto electrical repairs & custom wiring
- Engine management upgrades
- Engine and or transmission/gearbox conversions
- Performance upgrades and modifications
- Intercooler, trans cooler and oil cooler upgrades
- Flywheel & brake machining
- Pre purchase & end of warranty inspections
- Defect removal and engineering
- Race/track car preparation
- Parts sourcing, genuine and aftermarket (new & used)
- Custom fabrication
- Air conditioning re-gassing and repairs
Plus more – all other enquiries welcome
What we work on
- All makes and models – new & used
- Japanese and performance vehicles
- Turbocharged, supercharged, V8 etc.
- 4×4’s and diesels
- Campers and caravans
All other enquiries welcome